International students with an F-1 student visa would not be able to apply for federal and state financial aid programs. However, other resources are available to assist international students financially while attending Los Angeles City College. The following information is intended to assist international students with finding resources that may be available to them.
Things to Know
- To qualify for federal and state financial aid, the applicant must either be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident with a valid immigration status.
- International students who are expecting scholarship checks from a sponsor should either notify or inquire in the Financial Aid Office.
- Scholarship checks are processed in the Financial Aid Office and disbursed at the College Business Office.
- International students are encouraged to explore outside scholarship opportunities that may be available to them.
- A popular scholarship search engine is FastWEB - visit their site to explore available scholarship opportunities for international students.
- Part-time job opportunities both on and off campus are available in the Career Center job board located in the Administration building.